Thursday, January 21, 2010

ladies, need a self esteem boost? venture into home depot

so another day has come and gone, full of new adventures. it began with an early morning drive to take my dad into work (remember? i'm carless and have been conquering austin in my dad's large white truck) and a planned meeting with Ray at home depot (if i didn't go there at least once a day i think i would feel lost). i had a bit of time in between and so i decided to sleep some. i haven't been sleeping much. remodeling a house, especially remodeling a house on a very sparse income, can do that to you.


Ray and i were supposed to meet at 9, which he moved to 9:30, which ended up meaning he was there at 9:30 and i didn't have to come until the end to hand over the credit card. i was, however, there at 9:30 because sometimes i am annoyingly punctual and so i ended up sitting in the truck for about 45 minutes. fortunately i had my dog, monte, and my 11 games of words with friends to keep me busy.


once i was summoned to pay the large bill i walked inside, running shorts, tshirt, boots, no makeup and unbrushed hair. but from the looks i got you would've guessed i was all dolled up. the men at home depot can stare with the best of them. i paid and left and went back home to resume my daily search for a full time job. why am i doing this? i guess the best answer is, to use two words i hear more frequently than anything, "the economy", and in the design world this translates to......THE ECONOMY!!!!!!!


the rest of the day was relatively uneventful aside from delightful midday text from Ray that said, "take a look at this bare wire that is under the bathroom area. do you want me to take care of it?" oh the joys of technology, my contractor can text me images! i replied, "sure what is it?" he said, "it is your electrical wire that is shocking my guy. it goes to the plugs in the dining room." uhhhh a wire is shocking people and is underneath my house? my house built on wood? and wood is flammable? hmm





he solved that by turning off a breaker which ended up shutting off all electricity in the house. my sweet friend and renter Ashley sent me a text about it and understandingly said, "but i'm guessing that's for safety sake and such?" no, luckily the whole house does NOT have to be without power during the remodel. i described the breaker box and how to fix it and blessings upon blessings it worked! 


tub is supposed to go in tomorrow. here's hoping.

1 comment:

  1. you-- punctual? noooo.

    how did you ever stay friends with this ever late me?

    ReplyDelete